[ARENA] III Convocatoria y premios EX de arte electrónico experimental

nilo casares nilo.casares uv.es
Sábado, 3 de Dezembro de 2016 - 18:06:28 WET

Dear friends:

EX is very proud to announce its participation at Pinta Miami. Our participation has been possible thanks to the support of Arts Connection, L & A Projects (Lavagne&Asociados) and Veronika VR Solutions.EX is one of the few initiatives fully devoted to electronic art in Spain, and in spite its short trajectory, has already managed to establish itself as a reference in Spanish New Media. A proof of this it’s the success obtained by the electronic and experimental art international open call. 2016’s is its third edition. For EX’s first exhibition in the States, it’s been selected a collection of works with a common discourse on negation and interference as medium recoding mechanisms. These are works by both emerging and mid-career artists.

(More information: http://arteelectronico.net/ex-at-pinta-miami/ )

III Open Call and “EX” Prizes for Experimental New Media Art

Also,due to the encouraging results viewed in the former two open calls and driven by the commitment expressed by JUSTMAD art fair on their support of electronic art and specially of our association, we make this third call which intends to outgrow the development and innovations settled in the first two. This time with the invaluable sponsorship of Arts Connections Foundation.

We are working towards “normalizing” New Media Art and making it available, on a regular basis on the existing art spaces in Spain. The prior calls and prizes were a complete success both from the point of view of the quality and quantity presented, as for the impact that this art obtained in JustMad 6 and 7. In 2016, JustMad was atended by 25,000 visitors and welcomed 50 galleries from around the globe. Media coverage also reached a high point with hundreds of articles on the press as well as on important TV programs. Thanks to this repercussion EX was invited to participate from november 29 to december 5, on the 10th edition of Pinta Miami – a contemporary fair satelite of ArtBasel – and one of the most important art fairs of iberoamerica.As a result of the collaboration between EX and JustMAD, EX will also curate a complete section devoted entirely to electronic art within JustMAD8. The winning works will be exhibited at the New Media section.

(http://arteelectronico.net/iii-open-call-and-ex-prizes-for-experimental-new-media-art/ )

All the best

escrito em trânsito e por isso breve