[ARENA] Maker Faire showcases Rome :: Entry Close date 2 June :: Exhibition 5/6 October 2013

Patricia Reis patriciajoaoreis gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 27 de Fevereiro de 2013 - 10:58:17 WET

http://www.makerfairerome.eu/be-a-maker/call-for-makers/

Maker Faire showcases the amazing work of all kinds and ages of makers—anyone who is embracing the do-it-yourself (or do-it-together) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an appreciative audience.

A Maker is an enthusiast of DIY/DIT(do it together) with a great attitude for sharing knowledge and information.

Makers build up stuff they need or just because it’s fun and prefer to create instead of just consume.

Makers use a variety of tools and techniques, analog and digital, both traditional or cutting edge; and the web is the most important ones!

Key Points

Please read carefully the whole content of this page!

Maker Faire Rome:

- Conference: Thursday 3 October 2013

- Educational Day:  Friday 4 October 2013

- Exhibition: Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 October 2013

- Entry Open Date: Wednesday 27 February  2013

- Entry Close Date: Sunday 2 June 2013

- Entry Form

Entries

The first step to participating in Maker Faire Rome as Maker is to submit an entry that tells us about yourself and your project. Entries can be submitted from individuals as well as from groups, such as hobbyist clubs and schools.

Please provide a description of what you make and what you would like to bring to Maker Faire, including links to photographs and/or videos of your project. We particularly encourage exhibits that are interactive and that highlight the process of making things.

Here are just some of the topics that we’re looking for:

- 3d printer
- Robot
- Education
- Design
- Fashion
- Arduino
- Crafts
- Science
- Digital Fabrication
- Green
- Transportation
- Interaction
- Young Makers (under 16)
- Maker Entry Categories

You can apply as:

Maker : Individuals, groups, schools and organizations that would like to demonstrate what they make and/or how it works; interactive exhibits are encouraged. No fee to exhibit for Makers in a standard setup.

Musician/Performer : Musicians and entertainers who would like to perform at Maker Faire. Tick “Musician/Performer” in your proposal.

Presenter : Individuals and groups who would like to talk about an idea or project of interest to the Maker community, or makers who are interested in demonstrating what they make and how it works in a stage setting. Presentations are typically 20 with some time for Q&A. Tick “Presenter” in your proposal.

How to Apply

Application Form: please go to the following URL and fill out the entry form to tell us about your project:http://www.makerfairerome.eu/call-for-makers/entries/

We ask you to fill the proposal in English.

Clicking the save button in the form, if all required field are filled, we’ll read your Draft Proposal.
You can work on editing your proposal using your user account.

We’ll inform you when to finalize your entry and send us your Final Version using the Submit button that will appear on your proposal form in some weeks.

Other Ways to Participate at Maker Faire

Sponsors: We welcome sponsors at Maker Faire. For more information about becoming a sponsor, please see Sponsors.

What Happens Next

Ongoing correspondence from the Maker Faire team will keep you up-to-date.

Acceptances are sent via email approximately 12 weeks before the show. Once accepted, makers are asked to complete a Maker Agreement.

Aspiring makers are encouraged to follow Maker Faire Rome on Twitter and via our Maker Faire Rome Facebook feed to keep up with the latest news on makers and Maker Faire.
We look forward to seeing you at Maker Faire Rome!

If you have some issue during the process let us know: makers [ at ] makerfairerome.eu

Share this:

Twitter5
Facebook60
LinkedIn