[ARENA] OPEN CALL Berlin//// FLOCKING/ HERDING/SHOALING/SWARMING by Flocks & Shoals

flocksandshoals flocksandshoals gmail.com
Sábado, 4 de Junho de 2011 - 08:27:11 WEST

FLOCKING/ HERDING/ SHOALING/ SWARMING

OPEN CALL// Flocks & Shoals

Flocks & Shoals Art Collective are organizing an *open call* directed to *
artists* (performers, singers, dancers, actors, visual artists and
students)

and to *all interested people* (without necessarily having performance
background), in order to participate in a workshop related to

*processes of performance creation for a mass*, specially concerned with
group presence and sound/space development dynamics.

We would like to build a substantial mass of people in order to work from
the power and potential of a heterogenic group and with the intention

to create a *moving choir performance *presented to an audience.

The event *FLOCKING/ HERDING/SHOALING/SWARMING* will take place on the 24th,
25th and 26th of June at *MicaMoca*/Wedding-Berlin _ www.micamoca.org _ and
will be directed

by Catarina Miranda/Flocks & Shoals Collective.

The first meeting will be held in *Theaterhaus Mitte* _
http://www.thbm.foerderband.org _ on June 13th, at 7pm, as an open rehearsal
format,

in order to present the project proposal.

The schedule related to MicaMoca's meetings will be:

24th Friday /June, from 3pm to 7pm

25th/ Saturday/June , from 11am to 2pm

26th Sunday /June, from 3pm to 6pm. Performance will start around 7pm

Please send your name, a small biography, and your contact until 12th June
to flocksandshoals  gmail.com.

In case of doubt, don’t hesitate to write us.

There is a participation fee of 5eur per person to support costs of
materials.

We kindly ask you to re-send this email to people that might be interested.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Catarina

0163-6803770

catarina.a.miranda  gmail.com

*FLOCKS & SHOALS* give name to a collective of artists, engaged on the
process of constructing (image, sound and sensitive) space in real time.

It consists of dance performance development, regarding the research on
group presence, within states of enlighten and darkness;

a choreographic movement research, based on the analysis and fiction of
animal group displacement's inherent movement,

while a proposal of recognition of the "space between" contexts and
production of meaning in relation with an audience.

The intention of establishing a cyclic and uninterrupted dynamic, enables
the changing/triggering of perception in the elasticity of

spatio-temporal contents, which support the collective moment, generated by
a group, where the global happening, is greater than the sum of its parts.

*More info at*

*
*

http://flocksandshoals.blogspot.com/

http://catarina-miranda.blogspot.com/

*Previous work*, developed with dance students in Portugal
*here*<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDIKRTI_klM&feature=player_embedded>
.