[ARENA] Call for video/filmworks: Facing the Artwork - the Viewer in Moving Images

miguel leal ml virose.pt
Segunda-Feira, 24 de Janeiro de 2011 - 19:40:50 WET

Call for video/filmworks

Facing the artwork – the viewer in moving images
Video Art- and Shortfilmfest in Halle (Saale) Germany, 09. - 12. June 2011
Application deadline: 18th March 2011

Within the Project Facing the artwork – the viewer in moving images we call for artists to submit video/filmworks which deal with the topic of the perception and/or the perceiver of art. Our aim is to explore through the variety of artistic approaches the role and significance of the audience and the single viewer in relation to the artwork, to the artist and to the art system. We focus on the spectator as observed by the artist - and reflected by the medium of the moving images.

All European artists are invited to send video/filmworks with the maximal duration of 30 minutes.

For the details of the application criteria please read our application form here or use the following link:

www.werkleitz.de/en/program/events/facing-the-artwork.html

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact Virág Bottlik (vb  werkleitz.de, subject: Viewer)

Werkleitz – Centre for Media Art
Schleifweg 6
06114 Halle (Saale)
Phone: +49 345 68246-0 Fax: +49 345 68246-29
www.werkleitz.de