[ARENA] Cronica New Release: MOSAIQUE'S "SHATTERING SILENCE"

Pedro Tudela mail pedrotudela.org
Segunda-Feira, 24 de Maio de 2010 - 22:45:48 WEST

NEW RELEASE: MOSAIQUE'S "SHATTERING SILENCE"

http://www.cronicaelectronica.org/?p=051

------------------------------

Following his 2008 release in Crónica, „Filare‰, Jan Ferreira presents us with his new work „Shattering Silence‰, 14 tracks totalling over one hundred minutes of music. Once again, Mosaique releases in the Unlimited Series and is available as a free download in either 320kbps MP3 or Apple Lossless formats.

Jan Ferreira is one of the most promising Portuguese new composers of hands-on electronic music, creating his pieces from a limited palette of tools and resources, including the manipulation of feedback, analog synthesis and distortion. His pieces have deep roots in live performance, and that imbues them with a characteristic immediacy and freshness, as traces of his creative touch and direct manipulation are felt throughout the pieces.

„In this release I worked for the first time with analogue synthesis. It was new territory so I spent long time exploring timbres and textures and what especially drew my attention was the "sharpness" of sound as if one could sense its outlines like with forms and shapes. Also how sounds emerged and 'cut' through the air was of special interest to me. After recording the material it was put into composition with emphasis on the effect of layering certain sounds (and hence what depth or sense of contrast they create) and the feeling of change that occurs when the "sound scenery" shifts. The composition then was more a frame in which these things were allowed to occur (especially in the more abstract pieces) than a linear narrative. All this is also based on a general visual quality that sound conveys to me.‰

You can download „Shattering Silence‰ as high-quality MP3 or Apple Lossless files directly from Crónica and free of charge.

------------------------------

TRACKLIST:

01. Semendia
02. Axis Tilt
03. Ithom
04. Mundo
05. Typus und Form
06. Ropea
07. Photon Hills
08. Fissures
09. Recoil
10. Tessian
11. Golden Vertical
12. Beasts
13. Gravity and Grace
14. Sinum

http://www.cronicaelectronica.org/?p=051

Download for free as Apple Lossless (740.2MB)
http://download.cronicaelectronica.org/Cronica051-2010-Mosaique-AL.zip

Download for free as MP3 (232.5MB)
http://download.cronicaelectronica.org/Cronica051-2010-Mosaique-MP3.zip

DONATE TO CRÓNICA:

A lot of hard work is invested in these releases and in Crónica‚s operations. We do not believe in DRM and we certainly don‚t want to create any barriers between you and our releases, so, all of the Unlimited Releases will be free to download, but if you can, please consider to leave us a small donation for the benefit of both artists and label. Don‚t forget to leave us your address, so that we can send you a thank you postcard in return.

For more information on Crónica's releases and events, go to http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

Subscribe the RSS feed at http://blog.cronicaelectronica.org/ to find all the news from releases, performances or whatever else may be worth of notice.