[ARENA] Fwd: TRANSVERSAL SPACE @ Middlesex University

alexandra dias ferreira diasferreira.alexandra gmail.com
Sábado, 8 de Maio de 2010 - 00:11:19 WEST

DEAREST ALL,

been occupying the Mansion House on Trent Park campus. After failure
of the Dean to attend a meeting that he set up with students on Tuesday
morning explaining this ridiculous decision, we now have use of the
entire Mansion building to organise teach-ins, screenings, pedagogical
and cultural events in an open, non-hierarchical format.

Today we announce the opening of an experimental and communal space for
educational presentations and conversations at the interface between
philosophy, theory, activism and art. Transversal Space is an alternative
educational experience in which the boundaries between disciplines and
the
relations between students and teachers are blurred. Relationships and
ideas are explored in an open and collective way continuing the ethos
of our philosophy department and its series of events.

A program of events for the weekend (7-9/5) is now being set up. Current
program on www.savemdxphil.com, Updated every hour.

Please come and join us on the beautiful Trent Park campus. A free shuttle
bus will take you here from Oakwood station on the Picadilly line
(penultimate stop in Northern direction). Let us know if you have
suggestions for the program and join us at any point during the weekend.

Email or call me for details, to drop by or contribute in any way: 079
6328
8323
Syd

Guardian piece