[ARENA] 2 x Teaching Researcher in Fine Art

Miguel Santos cosmicshit mac.com
Sexta-Feira, 22 de Maio de 2009 - 19:41:22 WEST

Faculty of Arts, Computing, Engineering and Science

2 x Teaching Researcher in Fine Art

Bursary of £12,940 + Full-time PhD Fee's

Full Time, Three Years Fixed Term

Vacancy reference: see www.shu.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date 4th June

A Fine Art practitioner wishing to engage in PhD study whilst
undertaking some teaching is required to support the advancement of
research and teaching in the Fine Art Subject Group.

You will have a desire to progress your education through PhD study.
Your PhD will be on a topic of your choice supported by one or more
of the many research active staff in Fine Art. We would expect that
you will engage in the development of research culture with Fine Art,
the Art and Design Research Centre at SHU and beyond. It is suggested
that you view current research activity on our ADRC website to help
you frame your topic.

As the successful applicant you will be expected to develop your H.E.
teaching abilities through training and practice. You will have an
established record as a professional practitioner. You will be
familiar with a range of creative contexts within the fine art sector
and the wider cultural industries.

You will contribute your practical skills and theoretical knowledge
to our range of courses including undergraduate courses in
Contemporary Art, Contemporary Media Art, Contemporary Fine Art,
Extended Fine Art, Creative Art Practices and the Contemporary Fine
Art postgraduate course.

You will have good communication skills and enjoy working in a lively
team-based environment with colleagues in Fine Art and the wider
Faculty. You will bring practical experience and imagination to your
tasks. You will help develop initiatives in learning, teaching and
professional practice.

For an informal discussion, please contact Mark Purcell on 0114 225 2693