[ARENA] NAO ESQUECER.. Spike Island Calouste Gulbenkian Residency 2009

ANDRÉ SOUSA sousa.andre1 gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 14 de Janeiro de 2009 - 01:12:00 WET

*"Não estás esquecido, pois não?"
"(...)"
"E tu! Não estás esquecida, pois não?"
"(...)"*

--

Dear Friend

We are delighted to invite applications for the next major residency
opportunity for a Portuguese artist, as part of the Spike Island Calouste
Gulbenkian Residency from April to June 2009.

Spike Island has established a valuable series of residencies for artists,
writers and curators over the last ten years. These provide a stimulating
context for visiting artists and directly feed into our exhibition
programme. Spike Island has a rich history of working with Portuguese
artists through the generous support of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation
and look forward to working with the next residency artist in the coming
year.

The residency includes:

   - £3,000 Fee
   - £8,000 Production Budget
   - Accommodation in the Spike Island Residency House
   - A dedicated studio space
   - One flight to and from the UK
   - Residency from April to June 2009
   - A solo exhibition from July-September 2009

  *Deadline for applications: 02 February 2009*

We would be grateful if you could pass on the details of this opportunity to
those who may be interested in applying. The full application pack is
attached or further information can be found on our website.

Kind Regards

Nemia Brooks

*Apologies for any cross-postings.*

*Spike** Island***

133 Cumberland Road, Bristol BS1 6UX

T. +44 (0) 117 929 2266  F. +44 (0) 117 929 2066

www.spikeisland.org.uk**

*Lands End *

Ruth Claxton

Gallery 1

31 January - 15 March

*Crossroads*

David Blandy

Gallery 2

31 January - 15 March

*Platform Garanti CAC/Visiting Arts Residency Exhibition*

Fatma Çiftçi

Project Space

31 January - 15 March

visit www.spikeisland.org.uk for details.

Residencies: Dickon Drury (UK), Fernanda Chieco & Victor Lema Rique (Brazil)

 --
ANDRÉ SOUSA
t: +351 91 791 00 31