[ARENA] (fwd) Prix Ars Electronica 2009 : Nominate your Project

Andreas Broeckmann ab mikro.in-berlin.de
Segunda-Feira, 16 de Fevereiro de 2009 - 15:52:15 WET

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:41:17 UT
From: info  prixars.aec.at
Subject: Prix Ars Electronica 2009 : Nominate your Project

For the 23rd time, Prix Ars Electronica, the foremost international
prize for computer-based art, calls for entries in the categories
Computer Animation / Film / VFX, Interactive Art, Hybrid Art, Digital
Communities, Digital Musics, [the next idea] Grant, the
Media.Art.Research Award and u19 - freestyle computing, Austrian's
largest youth computer competition.

More than 3,000 submissions in 2008 have further enhanced Prix Ars
Electronica's reputation as an internationally representative
competition honoring outstanding works in the cyberarts. This year,
six Golden Nicas, twelve Awards of Distinction and approximately 70
Honorary Mentions, [the next idea] Grant as well as the
Media.Art.Research Award are presented to participants. The 2009
winners will receive a total of 122,500 euros in prize money.

We would like to ask you to help us 'spread the word' in your
community by circulating the information as widely as possible. We
also would be very glad if you could help us identify some projects,
which in your opinion should participate in the competition. Please
nominate such projects for the competition via our website: http://
www.aec.at/prix_nominate_en.php

For a detailed description of the competition, please consult our
website http://prixars.aec.at

The deadline for submissions is March 6, 2009
(Please note a special submission deadline for the Media.Art.Research
Award: February 20, 2009)

If you need any further information or support, please do not
hesitate to contact: info  prixars.aec.at

With best regards,
Bianca Petscher

Bianca Petscher
Producer Prix Ars Electronica