[ARENA] Curating a routine

Luis Silva silva.luis netcabo.pt
Terça-Feira, 7 de Abril de 2009 - 15:35:39 WEST

*Curating a routine*
a project by Luis Silva

 Forcing myself into visiting a contemporary art show every day (Monday to
Friday, resting on weekends and holidays), how long will I endure?

A matter of empirically-driven and self-imposed lack of reflexivity as a
primary basis to a des-ideologized curatorial practice or a simple affair of
availability versus selection, chance versus choice?

Routine archive: http://www.curatingaroutine.net/

 *Luis Silva is currently General Coordinator of Lisboa 20 Arte
Contemporânea and curator of LX 2.0 and Upgrade! Lisbon. Besides his
institutional practice, Silva has curated several projects independently,
namely Online - Portuguese Netart 1997-2004 (Lisbon, 2005), I tag you tag
me: a folksonomy of Internet art, (TAGallery, Vienna, 2007), FW: Re: Re:
(Rhizome at The New Museum, New York, 2008), amongst others. He recently
collaborated with Rhizome at The New Museum as Curatorial Fellow and has
published extensively reviews and texts addressing the issues of art and
(new) media.*