[ARENA] "Live Bits" - Art Exploring Real-Time Connectedness

Oliver Grau oliver.grau donau-uni.ac.at
Terça-Feira, 30 de Setembro de 2008 - 14:50:28 WEST

forwarded from Michael Naimark:

Call for Proposals:
"Live Bits" - Art Exploring Real-Time Connectedness

Ars Electronica invites artists and scientists to submit
proposals for new and novel ways to connect, in real time,
people to people and people to environments in different
physical locations. The goal is to expand and explore meaningful
exchanges between remote groups of people.

The one essential requirement for all proposals is "live bits:"
real-time digital information via any network, of any viable
quantity, and in any modality. In addition to symmetrical
two-way communication, asymmetrical two-way communication and
even one-way communication will be considered as long as a live
component is present. "Fresh" and "canned" bits, as well as
physically transported objects, may also be incorporated.

We will award up to 20 commissions of 10,000 EUR each. But you
must act quickly and we will reciprocate.

Deadline for submission is 31 October 2008 and notification of
recipients will be 30 November 2008.

The commissions must be completed by June 2009, for inclusion in
"80+1: A Journey Around the World," an 80(+1) day event in the
Linz Main Square and the Ars Electronica Centre,
18 June - 6 September 2009, for Linz09, European Capital of Culture.

Full details can be found at http://www.80plus1.org/ .