[ARENA] (fwd) Artists Residencies- BUDAPEST, Hungary

Andreas Broeckmann ab mikro.in-berlin.de
Terça-Feira, 8 de Julho de 2008 - 17:01:39 WEST

Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 13:33:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Beata Szechy <bszechy  yahoo.com>
Subject: <nettime-ann> NEW: Call for artists - A.I.R. International
	Artists	Residencies- BUDAPEST, Hungary

NEW: Call for artists - A.I.R. International Artists Residencies-
BUDAPEST, Hungary

We are proud to announce that our residency/seminar program due to
it's success has been expanded.

The Hungarian Multicultural Center (HMC) is currently accepting
applications for the Budapest -International Artist/Writer
Residencies.  The HMC invites interested visual artists, musicians,
film makers and writers to submit application for its residencies
program.

1. Deadline (must be received) August 1, 2008
for September - October AIR
2. Deadline (must be received) September 15, 2008
for November AIR
3. Deadline (must be received) October 15, 2008
for December - January AIR

Residencies Dates
1. Wednesday, September 24  -  Tuesday, October 7, 2008
     Seminarium on September 26th

2. Wednesday, November 5 - Tuesday, November 18, 2008
     Seminarium on November 5th

3. Saturday, December 27   -  Friday, January 9, 2008
     Seminarium on December 29 and 30th

Great opportunity for artists: Culture is the true identity power. In
this context the major role of the artists is to promote through art
cultural diversity and preserve common values. Intercultural dialogue
through art is an important instrument.   Art is not a means - art is
a space in which everything is possible, in which different times,
subjects and objects, sometimes divergent, coexist.  And not just
coexist, but communicate and create values.   Through art, culture,
tolerance, initiating a dialogue among nations, among various
artistic expressions, a real dialog among real people. Culture
communicates in the language of heart, which is understood by
everybody. For artists, communication is essential &#8211; both with
the audience &#8211; the art consumer, and with representatives of
national and international art
groups.

While HMC does not provide funding for residencies, we are helping to
facilitate the creation of programs and support the costs of the
exhibitions.

For application form or questions please write to:
Beata Veszely: veszelyb  gmail.com or
Beata Szechy: bszechy  yahoo.com

www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com