[ARENA] Spike Island Calouste Gulbenkian Residency 2009

ANDRÉ SOUSA sousa.andre1 gmail.com
Domingo, 14 de Dezembro de 2008 - 12:55:49 WET

RAPAZ RAPARIGA
PÕE OS OLHOS NISTO
ABRAÇO :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ANDRÉ SOUSA <sousa.andre1  gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 12:44 PM
Subject: Spike Island Calouste Gulbenkian Residency 2009
To: arena  lists.virose.pt, arena  virose.pt

Dear Friend

We are delighted to invite applications for the next major residency
opportunity for a Portuguese artist, as part of the Spike Island
Calouste Gulbenkian Residency from April to June 2009.

Spike Island has established a valuable series of residencies for
artists, writers and curators over the last ten years. These provide
a stimulating context for visiting artists and directly feed into our
exhibition programme. Spike Island has a rich history of working with
Portuguese artists through the generous support of the Calouste
Gulbenkian Foundation and look forward to working with the next
residency artist in the coming year.

The residency includes:

£3,000 Fee
£8,000 Production Budget
Accommodation in the Spike Island Residency House
A dedicated studio space
One flight to and from the UK
Residency from April to June 2009
A solo exhibition from July-September 2009
Deadline for applications: 02 February 2009

We would be grateful if you could pass on the details of this
opportunity to those who may be interested in applying. The full
application pack is attached or further information can be found on
our website.

Kind Regards

Nemia Brooks

Apologies for any cross-postings.

Spike Island

133 Cumberland Road, Bristol BS1 6UX

T. +44 (0) 117 929 2266  F. +44 (0) 117 929 2066

www.spikeisland.org.uk

Lands End

Ruth Claxton

Gallery 1

31 January - 15 March

Crossroads

David Blandy

Gallery 2

31 January - 15 March

Platform Garanti CAC/Visiting Arts Residency Exhibition

Fatma Çiftçi

Project Space

31 January - 15 March

visit www.spikeisland.org.uk for details.

Residencies: Dickon Drury (UK), Fernanda Chieco & Victor Lema Rique
(Brazil)

--
ANDRÉ SOUSA
t: +351 91 791 00 31