[ARENA] (fwd) call: BEYOND MEDIA 2009. TUNE UP YOUR VISIONS!

Andreas Broeckmann ab mikro.in-berlin.de
Quinta-Feira, 4 de Dezembro de 2008 - 08:32:13 WET

Subject: BEYOND MEDIA 2009. TUNE UP YOUR VISIONS!
To: abroeck  transmediale.de
From: "BEYOND MEDIA" <info  beyondmedia.it>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 01:36:39 +0100

We are happy to announce the call for video entries for the new
edition of BEYOND MEDIA <http://
www.beyondmedia.it>www.beyondmedia.it, international festival of
architecture and media. The event, devoted to the most advanced
visualizations in architecture and to the debate on the relationships
between the project and the means of its communication, will take
place at the Stazione Leopolda in Florence, Italy, July 9-17, 2009.

Organized by Image <http://www.image-web.org/>www.image-web.org, and
curated by Marco Brizzi, BEYOND MEDIA has been constantly observing,
since 1997, the development of the systems of communication in the
field of architecture by evaluating their impact on contemporary
architectural production and by promoting their understanding and
enhancing their quality. The festival offers its visitors an
articulate and rich program of events. The screening of the videos
which are selected internationally complement an intense calendar of
conferences and workshops with the protagonists of the international
debate and of architecture exhibitions which elaborate on the theme
of the festival.

The theme for the forthcoming edition of BEYOND MEDIA is VISIONS.

It seems as if contemporary architecture lost, in the last years, its
ability to pursue broad visions, to collect with a wide outlook the
complex transformations of the built environment, to lead its
thoughts and consciousness beyond that which is usual, empirical, and
visible. The massive production and consumption of architectural
images resulted in a greater vicinity, on the part of the general
public, to design issues. But, at the same time, they produced an
alteration in the way people conceive architecture, and affected the
ability and the opportunity for architects to generate visions, and
hence theories, which are deeply rooted in our times but, at the same
time, are receptive towards new possible scenarios.

We are looking for people with an architectural vision. A really new
and effective one! As we check the architects' sight, the event will
welcome crazy, mad, or mystic people, philosophers, politicians,
opticians who will present their personal visions.

We are expecting to present videos and authors that are able to
demonstrate how much we are lacking visions, nowadays, despite the
apparent proliferation of innovative concepts and images. We are
concerned by the fact that most of these images are pure expressions
our own times. Not enough about our future.

Deadline for video submissions is January 31, 2009.

The call for entries is posted on the official BEYOND MEDIA website
<http://www.beyondmedia.it>www.beyondmedia.it.

With kind regards,

BEYOND MEDIA

BEYOND MEDIA
c/o iMage
via Venti Settembre 84, 50129 Firenze, ITALY
tel: +39 055 4684 187, fax: +39 055 4624 808
<http://www.beyondmedia.it>www.beyondmedia.it, <mailto:info  image-
web.org>info@<mailto:info  beyondmedia.it>beyondmedia.it